PNS handles forward sorting and reverse logistics using sorting lines and software solutions provided by aeqoom. By integrating systems, it has significantly reduced the time required for processes. It is also becoming the only print distributor in Central Europe that can machine all common cover and magazine formats in a single process.
Is how long the project has lasted, from implementation to full integration
Is how long it takes for one sorter to handle a printed matter for one district
Have been sorted by both lines together in full operation within one hour
What problem have we dealt with?
PNS is the largest private postal operator and also the largest
press distributor in our market. With almost 17,000 points of sale throughout the country, it also creates the densest network of points of sale in Europe.
The acquisition of Mediaservis in 2018 also added the area of printed matter delivery to mailboxes to the main subject of activity, press distribution, in which PNS covers 80% of the Czech market. This is provided by a team of almost four thousand delivery people.
With the increase in the number of distributed shipments, the requirements for speeding up and automating processes also increased. It also concerned remittances, the main process of reverse logistics. The current processing was solved with very high personnel and time.
PNS therefore began to look for a solution that would cover all needs, in addition to speeding up the whole process and also minimizing human error.
Business description of problem solving by Aeqoom
The above requirements were best met by the Aeqoom concept. Within six months, Aeqoom consultants, together with the development and
project team of the BÖWE SYSTEC partner group and the PNS project team, implemented and fully integrated the software solution and the two Simex Flexi sorting lines.
Aeqoom also provides follow-up service for the entire delivery. As a part of the implementation of the solution, we focused mainly on:
- process automation – in order to achieve faster processing and at the same time reduce personnel requirements
- higher control – automation of audit and loading
How did the project end up
With the implementation of this project, PNS has become one of the European technological leaders in this industry. By deploying sorting lines and implementing a software solution, PNS has acquired a tool with which it can efficiently address shipments of all commonly used formats in one stream.
PNS is now able to automatically process up to 60,000 postal items
and 28,000 magazines per hour.
What did the change bring
- The sorting of direct mail has been speeded up and simplified
The staff requirements for servicing the forward logistics and remittance process have decreased
- Thanks to automated data extraction, the error rate was reduced and the speed of loading the remittance was increased.
- The control of the whole process has become more efficient
- PNS expects to reduce operating costs and increase overall efficiency
- Thanks to the project, PNS gained a great competitive advantage and, last but not least, it also opened the way for further development of the services provided